I've finally started to get the painting pottering bug (well, maybe). Having played a few DBR condensed scale games lately, I decided to give the Royalists a little TLC. When I'd originally acquired them (previously painted by someone else) I based them on thin card bases (as was my habit at the time).
With the troops back on the table top the thin bases have been annoying the beejeebers out of me (as they tend to slip and slide over each other all too easily), so I cut enough thick card bases to rebase them all (by gluing the exisiting bases onto the new rather than detaching figures from the old bases.
While we were at it I gave them a small subtle make-over with a couple of layers of a Citadel wash (Badab Black) to bring out the recesses on the figures.
Voila.. the final result.. slightly better than before, nothing fantastic. Those close-up camera shots tend to be pretty unforgiving though!!