I'd found it to be a difficult kit. For example parts haven't fitted properly, the fuselage halves don't quite match, the wing assemblies don't quite sit correctly against the fuselage etc. But I have persevered.
I went looking for the correct position of the bombs on the bomb racks, and found this piece of work from a proper aircraft modeller on the kit. He has done the sort of thing I used to do 30 years ago.. "ee by gum, them were't days laaad".
No wonder I've struggled, if the kit is this bad. This guy's work is inspiring. I'll make do with the kit I've completed, but frankly, you've got to wonder; there are some awesome kits available these days, but then there are the rest!! So here are three shots of the finished product, hopefully covering up the worst of the errors.
I particularly like the last shot - especially if I'm commanding the Soviets he! he!