I also decides to use a white (well, ivory) undercoat instead of my more usual black, and was surprised how it has taken me a while to get my head around the difference this made to painting demands and style. The figures were block painted over the white, and then given a black wash.
In Kings of War, regiments are normally composed of 20 figures, and I based the first 20 spear on that basis, but the figures looked far too dense. I took a closer look at the multi basing that has taken off within the KoW community. It reduces the number of figures on a base. I opted for 10 per base, which meant that instead of two regiments I had enough figures for four. I took the first 20 off their base, and rebased back to 10. I prefer the 'multi base' look.
It's been hard to keep the motivation going. Finally today the fruits of nearly 6 months of work.
|The four spear regiments|