Saturday, August 28, 2021

Kerttenkrad additions to German recon

So, I sat down to start painting some 15mm arquebus armed Janissaries for the Ottoman DBR army. Then this happened ....



These 6mm German WW2 Kettenkrad have been sitting in a tray on the painting table over several shifts of home (we are not compulsive house shifters, we had several shifts as a result of the Ōtautahi Christchurch 2011 earthquakes). They leapt at me... nah, honest they did.. leapt at me they did.. and the rest as they say is history.

The WW2 Spearhead OOBs allow the recon battalion in the Motorised, Pz Grenadier, and Panzer Divisions,  to include 3x motorcycle or Kettenkrad stands in the divisional asset recon battalion. Why not. I have yet to field a recon battalion on the table, but for a lesson in how to use one, you would be hard pressed to go past Keith's command in this game 'A master class in mobility'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...