Thursday, November 2, 2023

German Cavalry for WW1, and some pillboxes

 Finishing a few bits and pieces, and scavenging through the remains of a second hand purchase made some years ago, I found a pile of late war German cavalry, Dragoons, and Uhlans, already painted. I am unsure of the manufacturer for these.  I checked with friend Robert to ensure that cavalry would have a use in some scenarios (I was sceptical, but he confirmed that there will be numerous scenarios in which mounted cavalry can figure) and then set to basing and touching up the figures. There are enough to create three regiments, and a Brigade HQ for Great War Spearhead. Each base represents a squadron.




Last year I also bought some Leven pillboxes and bunkers, and painted up the first three (why three? I had three cut bases spare, and couldn't be bothered cutting more for the time being.. simple!!)



The pillboxes placed on some of the Timecast trench sections.





Righto .. what next? I really should sort the order to Irregular Miniature for the next batch of 6mm figures to complete at least one of these projects.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. The photography was pretty s**t this time... what annoys me most is I'm not sure what I did differently wrt the photography compared with my usual practice..

      Delete

Chuff Chuff Choo Choo: A WW1 Armoured Train in 6mm

 This latest piece is the last of the current WW1 project: an armoured train, from the 6mm range produced by Irregular Miniatures. I chose a...