Sunday, October 13, 2019

WWW1 arillery stand

After a flurry of painting activity (you can always tell when it's a term break), in 15mm (French Ordonnance for DBA) and 6mm (1940 French for Spearhead), I was about to get stuck into the remaining 6mm FPW army (which have sat unpainted for perhaps a decade.

However I managed to tweak muscles in my lower back while in the garden this morning and, feeling pretty annoyed, I wanted something different to do. Even sitting at the painting table for more than 10 minutes at a time resulted in some discomfort, so it needed to be a project that could be done in small easy chunks. Aha, I had a spare Airfix RHA 18pdr, and some British Colonial artillery crew (Ha0, so put these together to create an artillery stand for the 20mm Weird World War 1 artillery.

The artillery stand. I chose a slightly unorthodox uniform for the crew.. a mix of Colonial British and WW2 with a blue tunic and khaki trousers, and helmet

The old and the new.. the two artillery stands for the army..
The army is progressing towards a "Big Battle" configuration - 72 points. I have been occupied with other projects lately, so it was nice to make this little bit of progress. The army now sits at 62 points.

Pottering with a few more Ottoman figures

Finally, I've managed those extra Ottomans for the DBR army. They are 15mm figures, the arquebus are Minifigs (courtesy of friend Jim), ...