The horses are all bays, hence the black mains and tails (painted in honour of my daughter's beautiful bay mare 'Rata'). I also avoided a lot of the 'fancy extras' from the Pistollier sprues.. these guys are mercenaries, they are paid to fight dirty, not look good!!! Not a feather to be seen atop a single helm!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
A bit tall for Dwarves?
These guys have sat on the painting table for a wee while now (work keeps getting in the way of my 'gaming.. what's that all about??).. Empire Pistolliers, to be deployed as 'Dogs of war' with my Dwarves. This means of course that they take one of the 'Rare' choices from the army book. So, finally they are completed, and now onto the Dwarf miners... it's no doubt as plain as the nose on your face what sort of tactics I imagine myself using with the Dwarfs... at the moment there isn't a cannon to be seen.. I'll probably be a slow learner..
The horses are all bays, hence the black mains and tails (painted in honour of my daughter's beautiful bay mare 'Rata'). I also avoided a lot of the 'fancy extras' from the Pistollier sprues.. these guys are mercenaries, they are paid to fight dirty, not look good!!! Not a feather to be seen atop a single helm!!


The horses are all bays, hence the black mains and tails (painted in honour of my daughter's beautiful bay mare 'Rata'). I also avoided a lot of the 'fancy extras' from the Pistollier sprues.. these guys are mercenaries, they are paid to fight dirty, not look good!!! Not a feather to be seen atop a single helm!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Attack into Belgium 1914
Much like elephants mating, wargames projects can be long in gestation. Murray began his 1914 Belgian division for Great War Spearhead quite...
-
I can still recall seeing the photos and reviews of those Greenwood and Ball Napoleonics, and early Peter Laing 15mm figures for the Marlbur...
-
The Battle for Lesnica in Serbia on 12 August 1914 was a small part of the larger action known as the Battle of Cer . This Great War Spearhe...
-
What is the measure of a good set of wargames rules? Ask 100 'gamers and you'll likely get 100 different answers, although I suspect...
Looking good!
ReplyDelete