Saturday, December 22, 2018

Return to ancients ...

I have found myself recently returning to an old gaming fave .. ancients, with two different rules sets. First a return to DBA with DBA 3.0. Having tried a few games with Keith, I signed up for a tournament, and then recently hosted three others for an evening of three games each, all played using medieval armies (Book IV). All the games were played using 15mm armies. A few photos ...





Then last night I caught up with Adrian again for a couple of games using Armati, fielding Egyptians and Hittites.






As you'd expect, each rules set gives a different game, but all equally enjoyable. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the period, the armies, and the games.

1 comment:

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...