Saturday, August 19, 2023

Town and village sectors for Mesopotamia and Palestine WW1

 Good friend Andy 3D printed these buildings for the 6mm Great War Spearhead Middle East. I'd asked him to do that so I could create some town and village sectors. The figure side of the project is about half done, and while pausing to sort the next order to Irregular Miniatures I took the time to paint and base these buildings. I have been deliberate in leaving space on the bases for figure stands, I prefer not to have them sitting atop buildings.

The first 'town' sector

the village sector (these count as 'outskirts' in game terms. I may need another couple of 'village' sectors

the second 'town' sector

I have based these using an aesthetic consistent with that used for the figures (logically).

2 comments:

  1. Those are terrific. If you paint more, lighten the paint color of the buildings a hair so they "pop" more and stand out from the nicely done ground they sit upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. and I agree.. i think I'll revisit them and add some light back into the buildings with a couple of washes with the lighter colour again..

      Delete

Chuff Chuff Choo Choo: A WW1 Armoured Train in 6mm

 This latest piece is the last of the current WW1 project: an armoured train, from the 6mm range produced by Irregular Miniatures. I chose a...