Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Barbarian Stronghold for HotT

 The discussion of HotT (Hordes of the Things) strongholds recently, and some advice from Allan S to just have several 'generic' strongholds, led me to think about a stronghold for the several barbarian armies I have. I imagined an interesting 'diorama' or scene of some barbarian warriors executing prisoners around a fire, with a cave 'stronghold' in the background. The armies are 20mm.

The mockup looked like this.


This view part way through construction sows the general structure against the white base material background.



The 'execution', a warrior about to deliver the blow that sends the prisoner into the flames



Mounted warriors


Foot warriors in the background. 

A slightly macabre stronghold, I know.. it's fascinating what the brain conceives.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely paint job on that, Robin. 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. I'm not happy with the way the cave entrance worked out.. my artistic talents in that regard are not too well developed. The fire pit came up well though

      Delete
  2. Interesting watching it take shape.

    ReplyDelete

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...