Saturday, October 10, 2009

(Almost) the last part of the plan...

I bought the Dwarf gyrocopter kit yesterday. I really don't like assembling the GW metal kits.




(Photo courtesy of Games Workshop)

It's almost the last part of the plan for a tactically more mobile Dwarf army (I have to buy some new LC, as apparently the Empire Pistolliers (bought and painted as a Rare Choice Dogs of war selection) are not usable in a tournament army, even in the 'counts as' role).

I've commented previously that I've succumbed to the Artillery lure, with a Cannon, although that made sense as providing something that might take down larger monsters/characters, and after all, how much fun can it be having an artillery piece that might blow up in your face??? (Definitely more fun than a ferret down the front of your trousers, as they say - not that I've tried that too often.. honestly). But this tactical mobility thing is big in my mind.. just gotta see if I can make it work.

The down side: the kit is all metal, and I hate assembling GW metal kits...

4 comments:

  1. Robin, Robin, Robin...they've well and truly sucked you in, haven't they?

    (Refrains of Money Money Money are heard in the background...)

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...that is, if you're gaming in a '70s discotheque...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes but why do you hate putting the metal kits together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such a (*&%$&&()(&* to put together. the super glues never seem to hold, and even with the quick setting spay i have that acts as a setting agent for the super glue, the bits still often come apart.. drives me insane.. give me a welding torch any time LOL
    Cheers
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...