It's been a while since I painted anything really. I competed a couple of stands of GW Fell Bats as flyers for Lorraine's Evil HotT army, but that was pre sabbatical trip, and pre Earthquake (4 September). Having been back from the trip for 6 weeks I haven't actually picked up a paint brush yet. So, what was the best way to get back into the swing? Either a brand new project (sounded good) or finishing some existing projects. I opted for the latter, which still left an awful lot of possibilities. Just because they are there, I've decided to try to bring the 40K Imperial Guard/Daemonhunter allies a little closer to completion to get the juices flowing. These are figures I'd bought painted, but not based, several months ago, and it sounded easy finish the bases. This is one of those psychological 'quick reward for minimum effort' projects, specially chosen so that I can see the results of my labours quickly enough to get some momentum going.
Here are a couple of photos of the figures with no basing.
And here are a few photos of the first batch finished so far. I've opted for a wasteland basing style for this army, looking very dark and desolate.
I've quite a few more to base, and a number of figures (including some heavy weapons) to paint from scratch, so they have been undercoated ready to go too. I'll have to buy a few more heavy weapons, and I quite fancy adding some sentinels (walkers) and another couple of vehicles so the force can play as a stand alone IG army as well as an ally to the Daemonhunters. All looks relatively achievable at this stage. Only flaw in all this: I don't play a lot of 40K at the moment. However the miniatures are always very cool to paint. Might be what I need in preparation for the next DBA army, and that Pirate HotT army.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Attack into Belgium 1914
Much like elephants mating, wargames projects can be long in gestation. Murray began his 1914 Belgian division for Great War Spearhead quite...
-
I can still recall seeing the photos and reviews of those Greenwood and Ball Napoleonics, and early Peter Laing 15mm figures for the Marlbur...
-
The Battle for Lesnica in Serbia on 12 August 1914 was a small part of the larger action known as the Battle of Cer . This Great War Spearhe...
-
What is the measure of a good set of wargames rules? Ask 100 'gamers and you'll likely get 100 different answers, although I suspect...


Very cool Robin.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to play with your 40k toys at some point...
Nick
You don't want to write these general comments for me?
Thanks Nick.. none of the 40K armies I have are really completed at the moment, so i am contemplating 'finishing'.. in so far as one can ever do that with GW collections given the regular cyclic changes to armies etc.
ReplyDeleteHowever happy to try some games with you.. have you played much with 40K???
Kind regards
Robin