Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eastern Front 1914 project again

With a solid start made on the 1914 Russian forces for early eastern front battles, I've been looking somewhat longingly on a box of HaT Austro Hungarians that some kind soul had given me several years ago. So, without further ado I've made a start. The box will give me a Great War Spearhead regiment, as long as I buy a box of HaT AH heavy weapons to go with them. They should complement the 1914 Germans quite nicely.

My usual painting style didn't quite work with the AH Hechtgrau I thought (I mixed it manually, by the way), so I decided to chance an arm and try block painting with ink washes and dry brushes. Here is the result on the first 6 stands. The jury is still out to some degree.. maybe with practice I can get a better result.





3 comments:

  1. They look great. Which wash did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick

    I used two washes with Citadel Badab Black..then a dry brush (the literal 'dusting') with a light grey....

    Might be because I am more used to my layering technique which leaves black showing, but not sure this has worked very well.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look good - and I've had that same worry when changing painting styles, you just need to carry on and let yourself get used to seeing them painted a different way =]

    ReplyDelete

A water lurker for HotT

I felt like doing something a little more creative, in the midst of a lot of 6mm WW1 painting. For some years I've had a crocodile '...