Picked up this very interesting blog from writer Rachel Aaron this morning...
'Why fantasy armies can and should include women'
Since I have an interest in both epic fantasy and fantasy 'gaming (and I do a bit of writing myself, not fantasy though), I found it interesting.
GO RACHEL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pirates and Dwarves.... emerging from the darkness
We hadn't played ant DBF in a while, so last night we played a small 80 point game, my Pirates vs Murray's Dwarfs, out from the dar...
-
I can still recall seeing the photos and reviews of those Greenwood and Ball Napoleonics, and early Peter Laing 15mm figures for the Marlbur...
-
The Battle for Lesnica in Serbia on 12 August 1914 was a small part of the larger action known as the Battle of Cer . This Great War Spearhe...
-
What is the measure of a good set of wargames rules? Ask 100 'gamers and you'll likely get 100 different answers, although I suspect...
Not just fantasy armies either. Where possible, or practical, I included women in most of the ancient wargames armies I did about 20-30 years ago. Not many, granted (but in 6mm, who knows), but more than zero :)
ReplyDeleteOne's fantasy army should consist of what one thinks the culture would have. My main issue for fantasy female figures is they are mostly dressed like exotic dancers.
ReplyDelete