Saturday, October 31, 2015

Finally.. I landed that tiddler

Some 6 weeks ago (actually during the 12 hour paint-a-thon) I started the Esci Pzkw I. Well, what a job. With it's plethora of single track links it has taken all of that last 6 weeks to complete the blasted thing. I seem to have long since lost the old 'modeller mojo', those single track link models don't do it for me.

Finally, I've managed to get the thing finished.



In the Spearhead OOBs it sits in the Pzkw IV heavy company of the 1940 heavy battalion of the armoured regiment. Thank goodness that's done. I won't be doing one of these again for quite a while, life's too short. Six weeks to land one little tiddler like this is quite an undertaking. Love the look of these even thing they won't be of any great value on the 'gaming table, much like those British Vickers Mk VIs.

Sadly, the German half track variants Andy kindly gave me also all have those single track link jobs. Sigh..... maybe not for a wee while yet.

What's next? Watch this space.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should assemble some more kits, you'll get the hang of tracks with practice I'm sure

    ReplyDelete

A water lurker for HotT

I felt like doing something a little more creative, in the midst of a lot of 6mm WW1 painting. For some years I've had a crocodile '...