Saturday, July 23, 2022

Reviewing the 1915-18 game terrain aesthetic

 I've been working away at new/improved terrain, particularly for World War 1 and Great War Spearhead. I've invested in Timecast trench and road sections, and have been scratch building sections of 'wire', using pot scourers to create the 'dense wire' look on the table top. 

Having just finished some roads, and the first 'production batch' of the wire entanglements, I couldn't help setting out some terrain and a few figures to see how the look is progressing.






Pretty happy with this, except that the consistency of the bases and terrain pieces is so good that I struggled to actually 'see' the fighting stands on the trench terrain .. ooo darn.


1 comment:

A water lurker for HotT

I felt like doing something a little more creative, in the midst of a lot of 6mm WW1 painting. For some years I've had a crocodile '...