Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A new 'Beasts' base, and the rebasing of a behemoth

Just picking off things I can see/do while I wait for that surgery.

Several years ago Lorraine found two plastic dinosaurs in the school playground where she worked. She was unable to find an owner, so they came home. I've thought for ages that they would make another base of Beasts for the HotT Lost Worlds army. They were do-able as a painting task because the detail was engraved deeply enough that simple paint/dry brush techniques did all I was after. I added some feathers (there is a theory that dinosaurs had feathers... I thought, what the heck, righto). The feathers are 'out of scale', but still look fine.

I also had a large Tarantula spider I'd wrongly based for the HotT Spider army. It was too large for the Hero base and I'd used it as  behemoth, but.. yeah, nah.

So I rebased that too, onto the more correct 60mm square base. 

Beasts

And again ... beasts

The spider behemoth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Onto the Galician plains 1914/15

Jon and I thought we'd try to get a little Great War Spearhead mojo back, so I set up a 1914/15 eastern front game between Russians and ...