Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Developing the Pacific Theatre aesthetic (for Crossfire)

I'm still working on my 'prototypes' for the Pacific Crossfire project. I have made some changes to the figure bases I've already painted, and also trialled 5 terrain markers (for scatter terrain in sme way shaope or form yet to be decided).

I think I'm coming close.

The squad bases mixed in with the terrain pieces





Originally I thought I'd base the terrain markers on washers, but couldn;'t find anything in my garage that suited, so I tried a series of card pieces that were offcuts from my figure basing. This means that the marker bases vary in size, and I'm not sure I like that. I am also wondering if my original washer idea, which would have given round bases for the terrain markerts, might still be a better aesthetic.

It's stilll a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crossfire in the Pacific

 Stage 1 of the Crossfire project completed - a company of Japanese infantry. Aerial view of the company, with the jungle terrain markers I...