Sunday, July 14, 2024

Pacific War with Crossfire

 I've played Art Conliffe's Crossfire rules on and off for quite a few years. I've never got so into it that all else disappears from consciousness, but I do potter .. I think they are a very clever rules set. I have four armies painted and based for 20mm for Spearhead, and the same basing is correct for Crossfire (all infantry on 1.25" bases), and Andy and I have played a few Eurpoean Theatre games with these figures, and Andy's US marines, and Italians. 

I have however watched with considerable admiration the work of 'gamer Brett Simpson's work building and playing Pacific Theatre games of Crossfire, and have to say I have been inspired. I was pottering in our CBD last week (actually waiting for my car service to be competed) and happened into one of our larger miniatures retailers, where I came across a box of the Airfix Japanese infantry. I succombed, bought the box, and the sprues had been spray undercoated by the evening.

I have started with four bases that will be a company command, and three platoon commands. These are my 'prototypes', my 'proof of concept' bases. As I reflect on them, I think they need more low level vegetation (yes, I know the Japanese army also fought in China where the terrain is different, and also that not all Paficic Island terrain is dense jungle). Anyway.... here are the four prototype bases. I think I'll look to add a little more vegetation though.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Crossfire in the Pacific

 Stage 1 of the Crossfire project completed - a company of Japanese infantry. Aerial view of the company, with the jungle terrain markers I...