Thursday, June 11, 2026

River terrain ...

I've been searching for a while for some affordable thin plastic sheet with which to create some river sections. I have two purposes in mind:

  1. Two sections of shoreline suitable as waterways for use as terrain for 'DBA armies whose home terrain is 'Littoral'
  2. A means to create wider rivers for other games. In particular I have a 1915 scenario in mind fought around the Suez canal.

Murray found some plastic sheets used as kitchen cutting sheets, flexible, but just the right size.

A single section of 'river bank

Two sections butted against each other to form a section of a wider river

The sections placed to form a river the length of a 6' table

I'll need a few more sheets to create some curves of various sorts. Onwards ....


1 comment:

  1. Great idea and vivid river detail - hand painting offers some thing extra

    ReplyDelete

Attack into Belgium 1914

Much like elephants mating, wargames projects can be long in gestation. Murray began his 1914 Belgian division for Great War Spearhead quite...