Sunday, August 23, 2026

Pushing the boundary out a little

Some years ago I experimented with the idea of 'Cold war gone hot', the idea of an armed conflict between the Soviet Union in the years immediately following the end of World War 2. The only real attraction was to get more use out of the WW2 armies while adding in a little of the more modern vehicles and options, largely for the aesthetics. For that purpose I'd bought a box of the Plastic Soldier Company 1/72nd T55s, to be used as look alikes for the earlier T54. 

While I have plenty of other figures up for painting (a DBA Theban army sits on the painting table undercoated and ready for some attention) I just felt like assembling the T55s. It's rare these days for me to get that old school plastic kitset urge.

The PSC kits are quick assembly, with track units supplied complete, which is something of a relief as I dislike that sort of work. A few years ago I had an operation on one hand, resulting in the surgeon nicking a nerve leaving my right thumb with no feeling down the outside. This can make tasks requiring finer motor skills somewhat more challenging.

Anyway.. here are the three T55 models. The rules will of course be Spearhead, with the combat factors for the T54s suitably imported and adapted from the Modern Spearhead set.





Will they ever see service on the table top? We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pushing the boundary out a little

Some years ago I experimented with the idea of 'Cold war gone hot' , the idea of an armed conflict between the Soviet Union in the y...