Saturday, January 4, 2014

Opening shots 1914


I have posted an AAR of this week's game 'Opening shots 1914' in which an Austrian division meets an Russian division in an advance to contact in August 1914.

The game was played using 20mm figures, and one of my favourite rules sets: Great War Spearhead. The AAR can be found here:


One of the most exciting GWSH games I can recall playing. Great fun!!


3 comments:

  1. Good report Robin. Is there any way you can make the photos bigger?

    How long did the game take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it seems the scoring system didn't work as perhaps intended in this case, then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I re-read the AAR and it is a very solid one. It feels like you had a good pace to the game and the tension is obvious! Well done the guns crews!

    ReplyDelete

Attack into Belgium 1914

Much like elephants mating, wargames projects can be long in gestation. Murray began his 1914 Belgian division for Great War Spearhead quite...